Sunday, January 27, 2013

Strobo Nights

So I am a bundle of happy right now. You wanna know why? New beginnings and godly USTs, that's why.

Lemme explain a bit.

I found one of those self-esteem Tumblrs and it did freakin' wonders for me. I have the courage to draw her now. Well not now now, it's 3 in the morning and really dark in here. But I'm going to start tomorrow. I'm gonna do this!
/start Homestuck reference
where doing it man
where making this happen
/end Homestuck reference

As well, this great guy here who I don't actually know but he is great because he volunteered to alias Yasune's voicebank for me. So I sent him her download and hopefully that'll get rolling sometime soonish (although honestly he can take as long as he flipping wants, I am just so ridiculously grateful).

And last but certainly not least, Strobo Nights. I decided I wanted to do a cool, special song for the reveal of her OFFICIAL character design, as well as hopefully the release of her aliased voicebank. Her ACT 2, even, you could call it. Could you call it that? Darned if I know!
But I digress.
So I found this UST for Strobo Nights by Nukude. And this is my favorite UST I have ever found. Wanna know why? I didn't have to touch it. Loaded it into UTAU, exported WAV, popped into Audacity with the off vocal (which they also kindly included), save, done. I have gotten so used to fiddling with timing issues in USTs and/or having to enter all the lyrics manually because the UST IS IN HIRAGANA AND SO I CAN'T USE IT YET, it was SO SO SO nice to find a UST that had NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. And they were even kind enough to include romaji, hiragana, and VCV versions. What a great UST pack, man! So nice! Dude, I would give you a hug and a cookie for your hard work if I was able to, because you deserve it.

Anyways, y'all (who am I even talking to, no one reads this xD) don't get to hear it quite yet because I want it to be her ACT 2 (I'm just gonna call it that for now even though I doubt this qualifies for being called that) debut song. But it's really great! I think so, anyway. But she's my baby and I'm biased. xD


EDIT: I just realized I've now officially posted more blog posts in this month alone than I did in any other YEAR I've been doing this. Hopefully that means I'm finally gonna stick to it? Maybe?! Or maybe I just talk more now, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment